Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwiches (by BAVARIAN KREME)

Do you know many picky eaters? I sure do. My sister - who could literally live off McDonald's fries and ketchup - is one. I, however, am the antithesis of the picky eater. It has been said, in fact, that I will eat and try anything. Once more, I will like it.


Don't believe me? Among the oddities I have established a particular fondness of are grilled bison testicles (free range, please, I like my balls grassy), shrimp flavored chips, and extra virgin olive oil poured over my Aggie Ice Cream. Naturally, this willingness to eat and enjoy virtually anything on God's green earth has led me to some rather interesting sandwich combinations. Among these, I can't help but venerate on behalf of my latest sandwich obsession, the Peanut Butter, Sweet Relish and Dill Pickle.


The PB&SRDP is a symphony of flavors unlike no other. I highly suggest multigrain bread, but any cheap, store brand white or wheat bread will do. Toasting is certainly a no-no, and make sure to buy yourself some high-quality sweet relish. If, like me, you have a particular fondness of chemicals, you might even pour an extra splenda packet into that sucker, although such a statement of boldness is not required. In any case, you'll also want to use a nice, nutty butter, of which I can only suggest a highly pretentious kind. For this particular sandwich, I used Barney Butter. Not in fact named for a large purple dinosaur who may or may not be of the homosexual persuasion (not that there's anything wrong with it), Barney Butter is made from Almonds, and has a strong, licorice-like sweetness and subtle smoke flavor. It's quite good, and contrasted with the sweetness and tang of the relish - not to mention the crunchy element of cut-up dill spears - each bite into this glorious concoction is akin to a raid on the most inarticulate of food oddities. It will, however, render you speechless, and oddly addictive.


Crazy? I think not. I have, like Travis from Carpool, been tested, you know. So please, do not knock it until you've tried it, and do be sure to report in once you've partaken in this taste combination of pure, unadulterated awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment